Do you know that feeling which appears after a month of a strong quarrel, when you suddenly come up with such a great argument but understand that now is needless at all? Of course, you do. This artful “after quarreling” arguments drive us crazy and torture for a few days after that. How to choose the best persuasive essay topics?
What about improvement? How to gather yourself, stay concentrated and tell the reasons clearly and with right ranking? A persuasive essay is a good answer to those two questions. This essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that your argument or claim is correct. The main objective of the persuasive speech is to make the students master the art of persuasion. Persuasive essays are a bit like argument essays, but they tend to be a little kinder and gentler. Argument essays require that you discuss and attack an alternate view, while persuasive essays are more like attempts to convince the reader that you have a believable argument.
Tips on writing a persuasive essay. Let’s read some rules
The goal of a persuasive essay is to convince readers! Memorize it. Use the next three tools while writing persuasive essay topics. Their names are Ethos, Pathos, and Logos:
- Ethos, or Authoritative Appeal: It is a backup of what you say with facts from reliable sources. Your audience can believe everything you tell them after that.
2. Pathos, or Emotional Appeal: Speak to the audience as human beings, allowing them to view an issue from a variety of perspectives.
3. Logos, or Logical Appeal: Prove that your argument is true and makes sense to the audience.
Except for those three tools, we have some pieces of advice to you as well:
- Select your point of view. It means that you have to come up with a clear purpose and aim. Which side of the problem are you going to talk about? Will you give any solutions to solve it?
- Investigate your audience. You have to comprehend if they will agree or disagree with you in advance.
- Search a lot your topic. You can’t look superficially while writing. A persuasive essay must provide specific and convincing evidence. Going beyond your knowledge and experience is necessary. If you need to visit the library or interview people who are experts on your topic, do it.
- Encourage your arguments. Use hard facts. You can gather these from your research, observations, or personal experiences. But be careful! In order to avoid plagiarism, you must cite your sources. You should always use verifiable statistics. Being able to back up your argument with data is important.
Follow the logical structure of your persuasive essay!
Except for the tips above, you should also follow the proper structure.
- The introduction in your persuasive essay should grab the readers’ attention and provide background information about your subject. It should end with a clear statement of your thesis.
- The body should consist of all the arguments that support your thesis. Each paragraph should focus on one particular theme. Use the last sentence of each body paragraph for the transition to the next paragraph.In order to establish flow in your essay, you want there to be a natural transition from the end of one paragraph to the beginning of the next.
- The conclusion should restate the main argument and supporting point. If it’s something your reader won’t easily forget, your essay will have a more lasting impression. Don’t just restate the thesis; think about how you will leave your reader. What questions may be raised? What actions could reader take after reading the essay? Сriticize!
Most common persuasive topics to choose from!
Finally, top 50 persuasive essay topics to choose from while writing a persuasive essay.
- Exams don’t show real students’ abilities.
- Sugary water: like Pepsi, Coca-Cola has to be forbidden from selling in schools’ canteens.
- Should the government allow the fast food in schools?
- Different classes or even schools have to exist in each city or town.
- Parents must be in prison instead of their children who commit any crime.
- Only parents are responsible for their children diet.
- Parents must check if their kids have any drugs or alcohol each week.
- Has the government rights to kill terrorists if they don’t have evidence to avow?
- Animals are for the living, not for testing medicine.
- Is it illegal to talk on a hands-free device while driving?
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace the fossil fuels.
- Police have to kill dogs if they have bitten someone.
- Is it ok for teachers to have mobiles on the lessons?
- Churches have to pay taxes as any other governmental agency.
- Do teachers need to wear the uniform as pupils?
- Children have to be allowed to drink starting 18 years old.
- Does the government have rights to control Internet content?
- Are children who commit an adult crime be trialed like an adult?
- Prisoners who are now free have to have rights for voting.
- Are such hard sports like: box, karate, all-in wrestling legal or the government has to control it?
- Sex orientation is visible starting from childhood.
- Is death penalty a crime?
- The humans are the main causes of a climate change.
- Mercy killing should be legal.
Learn more interesting topics
- Adults must be allowed to carry stun guns.
- If a person hasn’t got citizenship of a country but committed a crime, it should be convicted according to the rules of the last country.
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics?
- Usage of telephones make children difficult to concentrate
- People should be more attentive to what they post on the Internet.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- Recycling rubbish is more important now than it was a few decades ago.
- Is it important to represent girls as like boys in sports competitions according to modern growing up feminism?
- Domestic terrorism is not the one while a woman or man didn’t complain to the police.
- Fast food restaurants shouldn’t write the number of calories on boards.
- The government should cancel the taxes.
- If the defendant is not guilty because of insanity, psychiatrists should testify it in court.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school have to be forbidden.
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people must be involved in volunteerism forcibly.
- There is no such thing as good and evil.
- Sexual preferences determine human behavior?
- Selfishness is in big demand in today’s society.
- Intelligence is a thing which runs in the blood.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- It is harder to be bad that to be good.
- God is alive.
- There is very much evil in the world that we should at least believe in God.
- Education at universities is not important in modern technological society.
- Wealth and success are things with which you have to be born.
By the way, don’t forget to check your essay or precis before giving back to the teacher. That is an obvious rule to avoid misunderstandings. Now, you understand everything about persuasive essays and believe we helped you choose the best persuasive essay topics.